Recently, on Twitter, a lot of hush hush have been spreading over for boy groups like BTS, Seventeen, Infinite, etc. People were accusing their pictures of being whitewashed (turning them into white characters). They pointed out directly towards fansites managers how they overdid the editing with the idols' skin tones. They're also claiming to have "no whitewash" and "w/o whitewash" pictures instead and having the original pictures with original skin colors. There are even comparisons of the before and after edits spreading around now.
One of the fansites manager responded to the whitewashing accusations by saying that "It's not only the skin that I edit, but the whole picture's filter and aura. I am not trying to turn them into white people"
post response: +15
original post: here
1. Isn't this just a new kind of obsession? It's like those filters you put on when you're taking a selfie
2. We don't want it to look white, but brighter
3. If they really wanted to follow how white people looked like, they would've photoshoped freckles on them...
4. Just the fact that they claim we're copying the white people proves that they still have the white supremacy mindsetㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. In my whole life of fangirling, I've never thought about it once
6. "Because we want them to look like white people" what the f*ckㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The only reason we would do that is because we envy people with paler skin that's it... Plus, I personally think that Asians look best with a middle tone skin because they look healthierㅋㅋㅋ And there are lots of idols who are born with pale skin originally
7. So do they tan because they want to look like black people?
8. I've never thought of my bias as white people when I looked at their pictures though....
9. Anything we do, they'll accuse us of wanting to look like white peopleㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. We're not trying to make them look like white people. We want them to look like they have a milky skin, with jet-black hair, and red lips, that's the look we're going for.
11. Whatever we do, they'll just think that we're jealous of white people
12. In my whole life of fangirling, I've never wished my biases to be white people
13. There are far more Koreans with whiter skin than white people thoughㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Why are they accusing us to copy white people all the time? They have freckles and their faces turn red so easily, plus they age faster than us, why would I want to have their skin?