Wednesday, January 28, 2015

[daum cafe] PUNCH LINES FROM WINNER MINO'S "I'M HIM"




edit 
T/N: there are some people confused with the lyrics
basically, the stuff in purple, bold or pink are what makes the lyrics original
and they are also accompanied with explanation!^^
korean is hard so feel free to ask for more details in discuss below!
(also sorry for the weird spacing, for some reason we can't fix it :'( )


INTRO:
1)  내가 걔다 naega gyeda = i'm him 
(him = 걔(gye))<- it can also be 그(geu)+얘(ye) (that guy) 

2) 내가 세다 naega seda= i'm strong 
 (in korean synonym for strong is also pronounced as "him/힘" which means "strength"
he's doing a word play with the synonym=> I'm him/strong)


VERSE:
(T/N: to make reading easier the order goes as KRN/ROM/ENG ^^)
1)
What's up 가 다 
what's up gyeda yeda
what's up, I'm him, that guy

두 손 올려 물론 가드 
du son ollyeo mullon gadeu
I lift my 2 hands as guard



다이아보다 탄탄한 삶 
daiaboda tantanhan salm
my life is stronger than a diamond



뭐든 간에 상상 이상 (sangsang = 2x "sang" 2 in korean is "i", so sangsang=i(2)-sang)
modeum gan-e sangsang isang
beyond anyone's imagination (sangsang= imagination isang=beyond), whatever is it

2)
YG 부엌에서 요리하는 랩  
YG bueok-eseo yori haneun rap
cooking my rap in YG's kitchen (he's adjusting the word "yogi" which means to starve with "yori" they are same-sounding rhyme saying he's both "starving" and "gaining" in YG)

배고픈 MC들은 요기나 해 
baegopeun MCdeul yogina hae
hungry MCs can just live off starvation (he's again playing with the word "yogi" but in a different way yogi=starvation but yog-i na(same sounding word) also mean talksh*t. so he's saying that hungry MCs can just go talksh*t)

 곡이 맘에 들면 쳐먹어 
i gog-i mam-e deulmyeon chyeomeog-eo
if you like this song, then shove it down your throat (song= gog-i(곡이) meat= gogi (고기), Mino's again playing with words by saying to shove that meat)

But I’m raw 싹 다 뒤집어  
but I'm raw ssag da duijib-eo
but I'm raw, I'll flip you inside out (since he's meat (고기))


 3)
난 새파랗게 새로 태어났
nan saeparage sero taeeonaji (ge se(게 새) = gye se(걔 세) (the title of the song) he's just playing with the sounds)
I am freshly born again



이 계산적인 랩은 Technology 
i gyesanjeog-in rap-eun Technology
this calculated rap is Technology


너네 집 TV 먹은 텔레토
neone jib TV neo-eun teletubie
the teletubie that takes over your TV

공주들은 잠 못 이뤄 난 파바로티  
gongjudeul-eun jam mot iruo nan Pavarotti
the Pavarotti (a famous opera tenor) that makes the princesses sleepless
(Mino adjusted his ending rhymes
he's basically saying that the singers that you like are like Teletubies
whereas, himself is an opera master who can make girls go sleepless)




 4)
say 호우 호우 호우 bow wow 
say hou hou hou bowow
say ho ho ho bow wow

목줄 풀어 제끼고 왔다 
mogjul pul-eo jeggigo oatta
I took off and broke out from my leash

나 한곳을 파 이제 하늘 위의 별 돼 
nan hangos-eul pa ije janeul ui-e byeol doe
I'll only dig in one place, from now on I'm gonna be a star

삽질하고 누워 하늘 보고 별 세  
neon sabjilhago nueo haneul bogo hyeol se
you'll dig in vain, and just lay here and count the stars in the sky

(he's not only saying that the others will count stars like 1, 2, 3(se)
but also 별세 is a diminutive of the saying "the elders will depart"
it can be interpreted as they dig in vain (digging their grave)
and lay there (in the grave)
and will just depart)


 5)
엄마 손은 약손
eomma son-eun yagson
they say that a mother's hand is like medecine

 어머나 내 손은 마술 
eomeona nae son-eun masul
oh my god, my hands are magic

(this part is just cuteㅋㅋㅋ because he put same sounding words "mom" and "oh my god")


6)
class is in session
(기역) 해내고 말아
gyeoko haenaego mar-a
I'll do it by any means (기어코=gyeoko)

(니은) 아무것도 아냐
N ni-eun amugeotdo anya
you're nothing (ni eun= you in satoori)

(디귿)장난 아냐 난
D digeud jangnan anya nan
my grudes (뒤끝=duiggeut) are no joke

(리을) Yeah I’m that real uh
R lieul yah I'm hat real uh
R yeah I'm that real (lieul) uh

ㅁ (미음) 사도 남을 팔진 않아
M mi-um sado nam-eul paljin an-a
I may buy hatred (미움=mium) but I don't sell anything

ㅂ (비읍)연자처럼 연기는 안 해
B biheup yeonjacheoreom yeongineun anhae
Just like non-smoker (비흡연자= biheum-yeonja), I don't act (act is written as 연기 and smoke is also 연기 in korean, he's making a double meaning)

매사를 솔직히 가짜는 안돼
maesaleul soljighi gajjaneun andoe
I'm about being real, no faking allowed

 (시옷) time is now uh 
S shiot time is now uh
S show time (show time=shiot time)  is now uh
 ㄱㄴㄷㄹㅁㅂㅅ= the order of the korean alphabet (g, n, d, l/r, m, b, s)
it's a bit hard to explain, but he's basically taking the sound of each letter (eg: ㄱ= is pronounced as gieok) and replacing them with same-sounding words. 
equivalent in english would be B and "bee" or C and "see" ^^)



VERSE:

그래/ 내가걔다

그래 /내가 /걔다/ 임마 

그래/ 내가 /걔다 

그래/ 내가/ 걔다 /임마 (월) 

geurae/naega/gyeda/imma (wol)

yes I'm him/ I'm that dude 



그래/ 내가 /세다 

그래 /대세다/ 임마 

그래 /내가/ 세다 

그래 /대/ 세다/ 임마 

geurae/naega/seda/

geurae/daeseda/imma

yeah I'm strong, I'm the trend (대세= can also mean "strongest"-ish)
-> the way he writes the chorus is really addictive because he's butting the lines in 3 parts
he's using the same sounds for each verse of the chorus which makes it more easy to memorize





T/N: we did our best to make it as clear as possible ><
if you have any questions, leave it in the discuss section and we'll try to answer them ^O^/



0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com