Friday, November 17, 2017

[enter-talk] I LIVE IN THE US AND I WAS SO SHOCKED BY RAPMON’S ENGLISH

Image result for BTS

(pic not included)

I’m speaking from a point of view of someone who’s a bit more comfortable in English than in Korean.

Even some years ago, I watched Rapmon doing an interview and I found him pretty good…? I thought that since he never lived here, he must have put so much effort to learn English to be able to speak it to that extent… but that was about it.
Back then, he shouldn’t have any problem with learning some stuffs beforehand and say it for award ceremonies and whatnot but when he was speaking spontaneously in an interview, I found him a bit awkward since he might not have been able to find the proper words to express himself? Also, his accent wasn’t bad but it felt that he was purposely rolling his ‘r’s.
 
But this time, I watched his interview and thought right away “how did he improve so much in such a little time..??” I was so shocked. They don’t have any member who is a transfer student nor a foreign member so I was worried about them giving out interviews in the US, but they were able to converse so naturally. It may not be super impressive for native speakers but for foreigners, seeing his effort amazes me.
 
To be honest, grammar and accent aren’t that important as long as you understand what the person is trying to convey. It’s seriously hard to answer questions naturally but he wasn’t even searching for his words in his head before answering, he just straight up answered the questions and was having normal conversation. I wanted to stand up and applaud him ㅋㅋㅋㅋI don’t think that you need to lock yourself up to learn English, but you can learn it if you have greed and that you put in your own effort.
 
They have such crazy schedule but he still found time to learn another language.
A while ago, they were playing BTS’s LINE commercial at Times Square  and I found it so fascinating. K-pop is really advancing into the US ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’m not a fan of him but I see Bangtan positively and seeing them do well makes me quite proud ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 

Update:
I forgot to write this but Jimin improved so much too. Before, he used to just sit there like a Tibetan fox but even his accent has improved ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 

post response:
[+354][-17]
original post: here

ㅇㅇ |2017.11.17 10:12 신고하기
Rapmon’s way of doing interviews is different. Whether it’s in Korean or in English, I’ve never seen an idol who gives interview in such a good manner.
85
9

ㅇㅇ |2017.11.17 19:01 신고하기
Meanwhile, I like how he always sounds ambitious in his answers. When they asked him if he was nervous before their AMA stage, he said “I’m so nervous but I’m ready” ㅜㅠㅠㅠㅜㅠ
67
2

ㅇㅇ |2017.11.17 11:20 신고하기
“Tibetan fox” ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋit’s cute… Taehyung also improved a lot ㅠㅠ this time, I like seeing how everyone improved as a whole compared to the last time they went..
57
3

ㅇㅇ |2017.11.17 19:49 신고하기
I lived in England for a long time but I find Eric Nam and Rapmon’s vocabulary pretty advancedㅇㅇ
28
1

ㅇㅇ |2017.11.17 12:31 신고하기
Seems like he excels in learning languages. It reminds me of that time Rapmon went on Problematic Man ㅎㅎ Rapmon is really good with languages
22
1

ㅇㅇ |2017.11.17 16:45 신고하기
Ah… I just like Bangtan but I’m impressed by their motivation to study English
18
1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com