Friday, June 29, 2018

[teens stories] I’M LIVING IN THE US BUT I’M SO JEALOUS OF THESE THINGS ABOUT KOREA

I’ve been living in the US for 8 years and I’m a high schooler. I’ve always been proud of Korea even before they won against Germany and I’ve seen a lot of kids on PANN who are curious about the US, so I decided to write this.
 
1. Delivery service
I know that this is not a big deal but there are so many things that you can order in Korea and receive within a day. At most, it will take around 3 days? But in our country, national delivery can take up to 3 weeks. Usually, it takes around 5 days… also the delivery fee is so freaking expensive, it’s no joke.
 
2.  Class assignment (T/N: how you are assigned in your class)
I don’t know if every school in Korea is like this but for most of the school, you would receive your class assignment sheet right? I’m so jealous of that ㅠㅠ you have your own homeroom teacher and have your own class and it just looks so fun. You guys even have a chat room with the students in your class. In our school, the students change depending on your schedule and it’s so hard to make new friends. I can only spend around 50 min per class with the same people
 
3. I want to fangirl..
Ha… our school is totally governed by white people so when they see people fangirl on k-pop, it kinda makes them look like otakus (?). so I just pretend that I don’t know k-pop and k-dramas at all.. it’s totally frustrating
 
4. Transportation
The transportation in the US sucksㅠㅠㅠㅠ it’s seriously so bad. You have to drive if you want to hang out with friends. It’s convenient if you know how to drive, but if you’re not at the age of driving or don’t know how to drive, it’s a total pain in the ass. I always have to ask my parents or ask for a carpool. I have a car but I don’t have my license yet and I feel sorry towards my parents all the time
 
5. Patriotism
I really love Korea and I’m proud of my country but I also really love the US. But I like the fact that Korea is a single-race country and it’s good to see that people share the same history.
 
6. Students bragging about their money
(! I’m not talking about the whole US, this only applies to where I live) The flexing here is no joke. They all have luxury branded wallets, Gucci belts, luxury shoes and only wear f*cking expensive clothes. They all wear UGGs in the winter (around 100 USD) and wear Vans and Converse (around 60 USD) on a daily basis. In the winter, they all wear North Face. They all use iPhones and of course, their laptops are all MacBooks. When it’s someone’s birthday, we gift him/her gifts worth 250~300 USD. I just end up not eating in order to save my money;; it’s seriously crazy. When it’s Christmas, the kids all give gifts to each other and I have to save money again. They even go to do nail art every 2 weeks. Just going once costs 50~60 USD. The place where I live isn’t even some rich people area, it’s just middle/ middle-upper class.
 
7. School uniform
In the US, if you’re not from a private school, you don’t wear uniforms. I went to private school for 3 years and now I’m in a public school. At first, I liked not wearing uniforms but it’s getting tiring now since I have to pick what to wear every morning. Since we don’t wear uniforms, people can easily see who’s well off and who’s not, so we have to buy a lot of new clothes. To be honest, I feel like you end up spending more for clothes if you go to a public school than a private school


post response:
[+291][-18]
original post:here

ㅇㅇ |2018.06.29 08:18 신고하기
The US is a much bigger country than ours… shouldn’t you be thankful to receive your mails within 5 days?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

225
2
ㅇㅇ |2018.06.29 01:39 신고하기
If you live overseas, you will think about Korea and love Korea a lot more than if you lived here..
113
1

ㅇㅇ |2018.06.29 07:41 신고하기
The delivery takes longer in the US since the land is bigger. Korea is so small so the delivery is super fast
91
3

ㅇ |2018.06.29 10:19 신고하기
Here, we have to stay at school until 9-10PM and sit in class all day long. If you’re assigned to a bad class, it’s over for you and your whole year will go to waste. If you’re sick in school, you can’t even go to the hospital. And you still say that you like Korean schools?
60
25

ㅇㅇ |2018.06.29 07:49 신고하기
I like being alone so I’m more envious of people who don’t get assigned to classㅠㅠ Your school system sounds more like our universities here
41
0



0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com