Thursday, January 3, 2019

[enter-talk] UNIVERSITY CULTURE THAT GETS DIVIDED OPINIONS



T/N: basically talking about how an university sunbae (Lee Seungjin) was shocked that his hoobae who's 6 years young called him "Seungjin-sshi". "Sshi" is a honorific title used to show respect but usually for people "below" you.

He was taken aback and asked the hoobae why he would call him that and the hoobae said "since we're all adults now, we're trying to avoid calling older people "hyung" or "oppa" and call them "sshi" instead"


"Do you think that it's problematic to have a "sshi" culture in the universities?"
Yes: grey
No: green

post response:
[+182][-1]
original post: here

ㅇㅇ |2019.01.03 03:28 신고하기
But you use "sshi" for people of the same age or people below you, so where did they get that culture from?...... using "nim" would be better (T/n: "nim" is of higher level of respect)
293
12

ㅇㅇ |2019.01.03 01:06 신고하기
Uhm.. I thought that 'sshi' could be used for older people to people below them so.. I'd be confusedㅋㅋㅋ
272
13

ㅇㅇ |2019.01.03 00:59 신고하기
If you did that in the workplace, you'd be in trouble ㅎㄷㄷㄷ
229
10

ㅇㅇ |2019.01.03 01:06 신고하기
Using ~nim would be better. For me, I call all my sunbaes ~nim and all my hoobaes ~sshi, so I wouldn't feel good if they called me ~sshi ㅠ
123
2

ㅎㅎ |2019.01.03 09:25 신고하기
Reality: For the freshman, it's nice but if later on, if you leave school for one reason or another and come back and that your new hoobaes start calling you ~sshi, you'd be f*cking pissed. Otherwise, asked the young kids to call you ~sshi nowㅋㅋ see if you'd feel the same?
99
1

사이다 |2019.01.03 01:57 신고하기
I like that we got rid of the "unnie~ oppa~" culture but I hope that people use titles properly. Call people older than you ~nim and people younger than you ~sshi
89
2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com