Tuesday, October 15, 2019

[enter-talk] THIS IS WHAT DEPRESSION LOOKS LIKE

The people whose lives ended because of depression
On the exterior, you would never know
Be on the outlook of people around you
There are no people with no pain, the brightest person on the outside can look the most festered inside

post response:
[+247][-2]
original post: here

1. [+101, -1]
Our daughter is quite bright and positive. Ever since she was young, she was always dynamic, and she looks like she breathed enjoyment. That's what her friends used to say. Whenever she talks, she would say it with a smile and her happiness would melt people's hearts. My mother-daughter relationship was really close, but after going to university, she somehow just stopped contacting me. I initially thought "that's okay, she's just enjoying her university life" and I wasn't more worried than that. But on one day, she asked me "Mom, I don't understand why I'm so sad." and started crying, I still get chills over the feeling of my heart sinking back then. At that moment, I booked a well-reputed psychologist right away and we started therapy. She called the doctor over the phone and discussed her symptoms (this was my suggestion. I paid for all the bills) she received psychological therapy for 1 year. There is certain amount of environmental factors triggering depression, but if the chemicals within your brain aren't well balanced, you could catch it too.  Usually people start showing early signs around their 20s. Of course medication and physical exercise might help, but more than anything, the person needs to consciously want to get better in order to re-establish her social life. Even right now she experiences some mood swings from time to time. The dad also supports her treatment so she's at peace now. I tried really hard to not get too involved with my daughter's life, but I often feel guilty for not contacting her more often. If you establish a support system for people with depression, you will be able to raise them from their hell. If you are suspicious that people around you might have it, the right thing to do is to suggest them therapy and treatment. 

2. [+95, -2]
Whenever my depression gets really severe, I always wished in the deep inside of me that someone knew about it. I always wish desperately that someone dragged me out of this abyss. I always thought "if only I went out, how bright it would be" me too I want to receive a lot of comfort, and I'm always looking forward to it, but I always unconsciously end up burying those signs inside me.. That's why my friends and my family, none of them know anything about it. People all think that I have a healthy mindset so whenever I complain, they always think that I'm just being whiny, so I just don't say anything. 

3. [+41, -0]
When I was at the height of my depression, I just went to work and sucked it up and worked like crazy. And when I arrived home, I would buy soju excessively while clenching my heart and cry... I always wondered if I died, would people who suffered because of me, would they suffer more?I seriously don't know what I would've became if at that time, my depression was a bit more severe than that... You seriously can't tell if you just look on the outside... You seriously have to pay attention to the words you say... 

4. [+22, -0]
Because I'm scared that people around me might leave me if they knew I had depression I just pretend to be bright  I've heard people say that depressed people just crave for attention so I always thought that having depression was like a burden to others, so I'm being very careful.. 

5. [+12, -0]
I thought of this while reading the best replies. Whenever my friend is having it hard, I always listen to her and we would worry for each other. But whenever I was having it hard and felt tormented she would listen to me but always with an absent mind like she wasn't really listening. So after that I just started not telling her anything and bottle everything inside

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com