Monday, November 18, 2019

[enter-talk] THE PROS AND CONS OF LASIK AND LASEK


Left: LASIK / Right: LASEK

LASIK:
1. Create the cornea
2. Bend the cornea
3. Laser treatment
4. Close the cornea

LASEK:
1. Inject medication
2. Cut outer layer of the cornea
3. Laser treatment
4. Close outer layer of cornea
5. Cover with protective lens


Pros and cons of LASIK
It's less painful compared to LASEK
The recovery period is shorter than LASEK

Your eyes become sensitive to external factors after surgery
There's a possibility of negative side-effect from your cornea

Pros and cons of LASEK
Even people with thin cornea can do it
Your eyes are strong against external factors following the surgery

It's more painful than LASIK
The recovery time is longer compared to LASIK

post response:
[+150][-4]
original post: here

1. [+155, -6]
There was another post like this that was uploaded a few days ago... The conclusion is that LASEK was better (safe). It's been 8 years since I got LASEK. It only hurt for a week. I used to have dry eyes and it made it a bit worse and I became more sensitive to light too. It became a bit harder to drive at night too. But except for these things, it's like you're living in a new world. I like it so much. Even after looking at my screen's monitor all day and burrying my head in my phone after work for all these years, I've maintained a 1.0 vision.

2. [+134, -2]
The day Lee Jaeyong (Korean business man with glasses) removes his glasses will be the day I remove my glasses

3. [+79, -97]
Yeah not for me~

4. [+53, -5]
I used to have astigmatism, myopia and lazy eye all together and I was expecting to have a 0.7 vision, but after the LASEK surgery, I had 1.0 vision. Right now, my vision is stuck at 0.7/8. Before that, as soon as I removed my glasses, I couldn't even see the face of the person who was sitting in front of me. That's how bad it was. There are a few different types of LASEK but I don't really know the names. I quit my job and was gonna just rest for a year and got the surgery then. I'm not really sure about the daily inconvenience it caused but my eyes became a bit drier than before. For the pain, except for the day of the surgery, it was fine. The days following the surgery felt just a bit uncomfortable? It's been 7 years since the surgery and because I'm lazy I don't really do follow-ups at the hospital. I think that if you take care of your eyes afterwards, you should be fine. It's a scary surgery but it only lasts for about 10-15 min. It's super fast. But if you're like me and you have big pupils and is very sensitive to light, you'll end up wearing sunglasses all the time. For 6 months, I even watched TV with sunglasses on ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+45, -3]
LASEK is hell for the first week and after that, it feels like heaven...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com