Wednesday, June 3, 2020

[teen stories] THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THE LINE IS WHEN FANGIRLING

t.n: the post doesn't specify fangirl/fanboy so we'll write "fangirl" for the sake of easy read, however as we translated, it seems like OP was a fanboy. the post is rather long, so we'll translate the highlights.

"I'll give you a tip for fangirling on idols"

I was a crazy fangirl for XXX. 
It's good that you don't fall too deeply into fangirling for idols 
Buying over 100-150 albums, me too I've done it? 
And I would spend hundreds just to collect their goods. 
At that time, my card debt was so huge
But in my 20's I didn't know better

Right now, I'm not a fangirl anymore but when I look back, 
I wished I only attended one or two offline events and bought 1-2 copies of idols albums
but back then, I wanted to see the idols so bad and I wanted to get close to them, so I would follow them everyday off line and had to spend all the transportation fee based on where they were going

I woke up after quitting XXX's fandom and when I look back, I can only blame myself for regretting 
If we talk about a game character, since I own them, even though you invest in them, they're still yours
but if you fangirl on an idol, you're the one doing all the work, yet they get all the credits
If I was to compare with a gaming, it's like you working hard to build your characters' specs but then give it to someone else. 
Anyways, in the end, they'll just marry off someone who is wealthy.. 
Since they're working this extravagant job, they need someone who will meet their ends
so at minimal, they'll go for someone who earns a yearly salary of at least 200-300M per year like an athlete, another celebrity, a business owner. etc. 
To be honest, it might sound funny to you guys, but don't all fangirls have deluded themselves into thinking they could marry their bias? Deluding themselves into dating their idols, marrying their idols.. Everyone does "I don't do it" "Me either" but the majority still does it? Part of the job of being an idol is to sell those dating fantasies, so it triggers' humans' natural feelings to develop delusions. 

You want to see them in front of your eyes right away and you want to own them, but you can't so you use your delusions to imagine it for yourself
And once you do it, your heart is as rest and somehow you just feed your heart with those thoughts.. 
At this point, this is where it starts getting dangerous
My life is slowly growing bankrupt more and more, meanwhile the girl group started seeing another man happily
and their goods started losing values, and I stopped feeling like collecting their goods, 
I can't display the goods like figurines either and I can't use them. I tried selling them but they were f*cking not selling well, so I just threw them away. 

And eventually the girl groups started dating, their relationships started getting publicized and they either quit the group or kept promoting as celebrities, but the only ones who get a reality check are the fans. 

It's fine to be a light fan. Looking at hardcore fans, I can see that later on, they'll get a reality check like me. 
In my fangirl life, I've spent more than 2,000,000 (excluding fundraising, food, transport, gifts). 
It's better to do everything moderately, but it's seriously hard to fangirl on idols lightly
Once you go to their offline events and you see how those pretty idols are kind and nice and how pretty their voices are, you really think that guys won't fall for them? Even though all this is business. 

You're basically stripping your life away and giving it to idols when fangirling on them. 
Meanwhile they'll grow from you giving away your life to them 
You might not understand these words now, but once you get a reality check later in life, you'll understand it

I still think that they were a good experience in my life, but I can't help but regret at the same time
It really felt like my life was worthless and theirs was worthwhile just because they're pretty and act lovingly
to be honest, there are tons of commoners who are as pretty as idols, all you need to do is to think that your life is worthwhile and kids like them will come running at you (this is just the truth) 

Please value your life more than you value idols'
Your short life will be even shorter if you waste your time

post response:
[+412][-24]
original post: here

1. [+217, -1]
He should've spent what his own money could afford him to.. 

2. [+197, -11]
I agree to be honest, even if you don't feed into buying albums and goods, you're still investing just as much for streaming. If you don't stream for an entire day, people will ask you "You're not even a fan?" this is just madness. If your bias' song was good, then naturally, the general public will also listen to it like Winner, IU and AKMUㅋㅋ And I can't understand the whole worshiping for an entire day, all you do is looking for their data and streamingㅋㅋ Just fangirl moderately 

3. [+126, -1]
You should do everything moderately 

4. [+109, -8]
He's a man so he can say stuff like "There are a lot of pretty people like idols in this world" and he can still meet someone instead of an idol. But for fangirls, guys around us are too ugly so we have to fangirl on male idols... Fangirls are pitiful 

5. [+81, -0]
I feel like there's no big difference between leaving it as a good memory or a nightmare

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com