Friday, October 23, 2020

[theqoo/enter-talk] EDITOR BEHIND IRENE'S ABUSE POST JUST MADE A POST


 

"I’ve already been hurt and I won’t ever forget the pain. However, I wanted a direct apology from C in order to protect my dignity as a human being, and I met C together with people in charge from B Company. It took some coordination and time for yesterday’s meeting to happen.

After I first uploaded my post, I didn’t take any action because I also needed to make rational and wise decisions in every moment in preparation for this situation. The biggest reason was that I didn’t want to create a larger misunderstanding, and I didn’t want to add fire to the rampant speculation and chaos.

I thought that there was no need to take rash action because immediately after the incident, I received an apology from someone from B Company who had hired me and the managers who had been there, and they acknowledged her wrongdoing.

I’ve never been a stylist for C’s group. I was commissioned through outsourcing for one-day styling work for a shoot on Tuesday, October 20 (I was first commissioned for this on October 5. I received an official email about it on October 6, and I prepared for 15 days at the request of B Company and C’s group).

I wrote “someone met for the first time” because C had forgotten that day that she had worked with me on a shoot for a certain magazine in 2016 (I also confirmed this yesterday when we met) and also because her actions were something that happened not only to me but also to a junior editor who was helping me that day and to an assistant.

For that reason, those two people came with me to the meeting for the apology. They spoke with people from B Company and C and they both received an apology from C.

I thought from the beginning that there was no need to respond to thoughtless malicious comments from C’s fans. I still feel the same way. The reason that I still haven’t taken any action is that ever since I decided I needed to do something about this, my fundamental goal and objective has been for C to promise that she will never act like that toward anyone again and for her to meet with myself and my two team members and apologize. Since this has happened, I’ve stopped everything after receiving the official apology yesterday.

Although some people have imagined and speculated about this, nothing like a financial settlement has taken place. (Currently there is just the processing of my pay and compensation for expenses for the October 20 one-day work). Also, the word “settlement” didn’t even come up at the meeting yesterday. It was a meeting for an apology, not for a settlement.

I had to protect myself until the end. At the meeting, I requested an apology letter that would include B Company and C’s acknowledgement of wrongdoing, apology, and promise to not commit such actions again because there was no reason for me to continue to be indiscriminately attacked by thoughtless people and so that there would be no further misunderstandings. This post will also be my last time expressing my stance on the matter.

I am one person. I have upheld the ethics of my job that I believe in and I always do my best at whatever job I am given. I also make mistakes, and I could be seen as a bad person by someone and as a good person by someone else. C is the same in that way. But I couldn’t conclude that this incident was my own personal matter. I acted in this way for the sake of recovery from defamation and protection of dignity for myself, who completed all of my professional work related to my commission, and my colleagues who have had the same experience as me.

I’m going to work hard so that I can somehow overcome this pain and return to my place to continue my life. Also, I won’t react or take any action related to this incident. That’s not for my sake; it’s my final act of consideration for C who came to that meeting yesterday. Also, if you are really a fan of C who sincerely cares about her, I hope that you will no longer cross the line and will stop. Those posts do not hurt me at all and they do not affect C positively in any way.

Finally, I did expect to some level, due to the size of this incident, invasion of my privacy and the stirring up of rumors for dramatic media manipulation, and although I know that I most likely can do nothing to stop that, it would be good if you stopped now. I am also preparing something regarding this.

This post has gotten long. From my position, I had to write this. I personally deeply apologize to the B Company staff for creating tiring work.

Finally, I earnestly ask this of the people who are reading this post. I hope that you will stop writing speculative posts and articles, which end up causing greater pain and damage to everyone. Thank you."

Cr: Soompi

original post: here

1. She sounds wise...

2. I hope that her heart heals well..ㅠㅠ

3. Irene is seriously lucky. She owes this person big time

4. Wow seriously, she wrote her post so well. I could understand her intentions right away...

5. Please find strength ㅜㅜ

6. Wow seriously cool. If I was her, I wouldn't have been able to write something like this and would've just released the recording. She seems wise

7. Irene would've retired if she released the recording. I hope that Irene understands just how lucky she is and reflects

8. But she does write so well.. I'm in awe

9. Wow her post is seriously so neat. It's well written

10. She seriously seems like a cool and smart person. She's of another class than Irene's halfhearted apology and all the other posts written to shield her

11. I can feel how smart she is from her post. I hope that things get resolved

12. She's giving her a second chance

13. A person you can learn from

14. Wow the post.. so cool


[enter-talk] THE EDITOR WROTE A POST

post response:
[+727][-6]
original post: here

1. [+774, -6]
At this point, it's becoming business vs business. The whole group was being mistreated for 20 minutes. Since she became a sunbae, it's not a line that can just be crossed. But if you overlook this situation, they might continue to get mistreated thinking "this sunbae is overlooking the situation like that, I don't have the power to protest". Geez, the victim had all the rights to cry over it,

2. [+771, -7]
So she wasn't the only one who was mistreated but the whole group was..? This victim seriously took responsibility

3. [+716, -5]
To sum it up, doing more will not affect Irene positively but the fans are pocking at a beehive

4. [+512, -2]
But how come the assailant's post is shorter than the victim's post?

5. [+369, -2]
This post really shows that she's an adult

6. [+261, -1]
She wanted a direct apology to protect her dignity as a human being. I can seriously empathize with her on that part. Me too, after getting into the workforce and getting into conflict with my mother-in-law, anyone can tell that these were unfair treatments and that these actions are not something that can just be overlooked. Because if you overlook and lower yourself, they will just take you for granted and continue to mistreat you. Meanwhile, even the hoobaes got mistreated. This person just acted out of courage. She did well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com