Saturday, October 23, 2021

[theqoo] THE PROCESS OF BECOMING BLIND FANS WHO CAN'T BRING THEMSELVES TO QUIT THE FANDOM OF A CONTROVERSIAL CELEBRITY

 

(Beginning) Me too I want to quit the fandomㅠ but do you think a person's heart is that easy?ㅠㅠ

(Build up) Ha.. You were so nice back then, why did you do this you fool?ㅠㅠ

(Crisis) It's true that they made a mistake, but I bet they're tormented with all the hate coming towards them and won't be able to live out of it, let's just stay togetherㅠㅠ

(Peak) But what wrong are we fans committing? We're not even trying to shield them ㅠ

(Conclusion) I don't know anymore, I'll just do whatever I want. It's not like I'm doing secondary assault on the victims and I'm not shielding them either, what's the issue? I'm just gonna continue to fangirl 

"Ah seriously my feelings/heart feels empty. Kids, I'm seriously giving you an advice. Don't fangirl, you must find yourself another hobby. It's just like how your house need both emergency exit and a fire extinguisher. You need to have both, otherwise, if your house catches on fire, you won't survive"

What helped me the most when my bias got into a controversy was chopping our ties with a knife and closed all my fan accounts and didn't visit any community for a while. I got into webtoons and web novels as new hobbies. Had I stayed with fans and kept seeing news about my bias, the probability of me becoming a blind fan would've been even bigger. How is everyone coping with this?

original post: here

1. This is seriously legitㅎㅎ

2. I'm always impressed by fans becoming blind fans, I've liked an artist for over 10 years, but the moment they got into a controversy, I quit the fandom... I used to really like them a lot... So I can't understand what's stopping people from quitting fandoms?... Of course, the shock + torment + sadness will be big but it will soon turn into anger + feeling betrayed...

3. That's Kim Seonho's fans. Nowadays, they've all lost their minds

4. That's Onew fansㅋㅋ

5. If you stay between fans, you'll give a free pass to any kind of controversy. You will start distorting all the news spreading around and only filter the most biased ones. As long as you have fans who are ready to instigate this kind of action, everyone in the fandom will be easily swayed

6. I agree, the moment a huge controversy happens, you need to cut off all the katalk room chats, communities, etc. about that person and find a new hobby right away 

7. Isn't this what Kim Seonho's fans are doing as we speak? This is giving me goosebumps. They just won't be able to wake up from this. They're still talking about how they'll just ''quietly fangirl on him''..ㅋ

8. You cannot gather between fans when the controversy hitsㅇㅇ The blind fans will think that what their tainted opinions are true and they'll spread their blindness

9. It's seriously so hard for me to fangirl on celebrities with controversies..ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Just wake up and find yourself another hobby, go live real life 

10. This post is inspiring me to quit my fandom.. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com