Tuesday, February 20, 2018

[teens stories] I'M CURRENTLY STUDYING IN THE US AND HERE ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE US AND KOREA

Image result for america tumblr
(pic not included)

1. They are very sensitive when it comes to homosexuality. As long as you wear pink or yellow, they would say that you look like a gay (it might depend on the design too). Crossing your legs while sitting also looks gay to them, and they are super sensitive when it comes to skinship among the same sex people. I told my friend B that my friend A was pretty and she looked at me so weird and was like "so what???". She misunderstood me as crushing over friend A and I had to clarify myself quickly

2. There are barely any barriers between male-female relationships. They just naturally do skinship. They would put their arms around each others' shoulders, link their arms together, etc. They also naturally kiss each other on the cheeks or sit on each others' laps

3. This might vary based on which region you're visiting but in our region, when you're past 18 years old, most of them have had at least a minimum exposure to drugs. I saw a bunch of people by a parked car doing drugs once

4. They are so opened to exposure. You don't see people wearing only a sleeveless camisole in the streets right?? But here, it's fine. They are super tolerant for upper body exposure here. They also openly talk about sex. There are kids whom I met for the first time who asked me if I was a virgin (of course they were girls too). But we would never hear anything like this in Korea

5. I seriously like taking a ride in the car with other kidsㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ Here, they can drive with their parents starting at 15 y.o. and drive alone at 16 y.o.  It's so niceㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

6. But at the same time, when you don't have a car, you can't go anywhere. F*ck, I'm not joking. Going to the convenience store and super market is over 5 min by car

7. When it comes to the amount of studies, it's kinda similar to Korea. It's pretty hard. I had to write 2-3 exams in a week and they give us homework every day;; f*ck. It's not true that you escape studies by going abroad, I hope that more people are aware of this

8. Parties don't just seem like the ones you see in US dramas, they are actually the same as in US dramas. If you get delinquents at your parties, the cops will comeㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ the students who study abroad throw parties that are exceptionally big, so don't go to these ones. The police will come

9. K-pop is a bit popular. Of course it's f*cking more popular than before. Bangtan are especially big. Got7, Black Pink are pretty big too.

post response:
[+561][-18]
original post: here

ㅇㅇ |2018.02.21 00:30 신고하기
Do you eat cereals in the morning?
141
2

ㅇㅇ |2018.02.21 00:58 신고하기
Kids ㅋㅋ It's only like this where OP lives but the West is totally not all like thisㅋㅋ 
113
4

ㅇㅇ |2018.02.21 00:59 신고하기
Huh? But when I watch interviews of American actors, they have their legs crossed... the pastor at my church also crosses his legs when he sits down ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ they shouldn't generalize
74
7

ㅇㅇ |2018.02.21 01:27 신고하기
For real, I went on an exchange for 1 year and drugs are so common there... It's not that I'm countrified, but when people turn 18, most of them have done drugs at least once; in our country, doing drugs = going to the police but in the US, they are like "it's only once, so whatever"... Also they are sooo f*cking sensitive when it comes to clothing colors. I can't wear most of the clothes I've brought from Korea. If I have some frills on my clothes, they would go "what's this? Did you cut up a piece of clothe and glued it on your clothes????";;;;;;;; it's like they fell in love with mono chromatic colors. It's as if the only colors that existed in their world are black and white; I was packing up my clothes when I came back to Korea and my dongsaeng was like "what the? Did you go to the prison?"...
53
0

ㅇㅇ |2018.02.21 00:46 신고하기
I'm living in Canada and it seriously doesn't feel like studying abroad. I think that Koreans have an illusion of what studying abroad is like but even my home stays are more tiring than I imagined. I have to use English every time I go to school and it makes me so uncomfortable... I just think that Korea is the jjang at the end of the day
44
1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com