Thursday, June 28, 2018

[teens stories] I’LL LET YOU KNOW THE TRENDY AMERICAN SLANGS SO THAT YOU CAN BECOME A FREAKING INSIDER

T/N: “insider” = opposite of being a reject
 
Hello! I’m currently in 9th grade and it’s the equivalent of being in your 3rd year of middle school in Korea.
I’ve been browsing PANN for a while and saw that you guys were really interested in Korean exchange students’ experience in the USㅎㅎ I saw that no one really talked about the trendy slangs that were used in the US so I’ll write itㅎㅎ even if I don’t get the translation fully right, please just look at this for fun!!
 
1. Lit (awesome, f*cking cool, f*cking fun)
For example
Friend: OMGGG I love your new jeans! They are sooo pretty
Me: I know right? These are lit
 
2. Salty (not respectful, when you sulk after being mad)
For example
Friend: Hey you were salty yesterday
Me: Sorry I was on my lady thing
 
3. Extra (people who act oba (over the top))
For example
Friend: Why are you wearing a dress?
Me: Do you have a problem?
Friend: You’re so extra
 
Or
 
Friend: What time is it right now?
Me: It’s 12:45:0.087
Friend: You’re so extra
 
4. Lowkey (quietly, doesn’t attract other’s attention, not evidently) Highkey (very visibly, evidently)
For example
Friend: How was your day?
Me: I was lowkey dying during the class (means I was dying quietly)
Friend: Oh
 
Or
 
Friend: I cut my hair! Do you like it?
Me: No it’s highkey really bad



post response:
[+851][-12]
original post:here

ㅇㅇ |2018.06.27 18:25 신고하기
The content of this post is funㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ it’s good that you put examples, please write more
113
2

ㅇㅇ |2018.06.27 21:55 신고하기
I’m a high schooler who will be attending 11th grade in September so I was wondering if there will be people reading my post if I were to write one about slangs used in high school? There are not a lot of differences but there are some expressions that we use that are different.
89
3

ㅇ |2018.06.27 22:33 신고하기
But if you live in the US, you get compliments so easily. People are always like “omg your hair is so~~~~~~ pretty today” or “your clothes are soooo pretty”. The exchange students hear compliments every day, agree? Also, they have a habit laughing when they meet eyes with their friendsㅋㅋㅋ
83
2

ㅇㅇ |2018.06.27 23:58 신고하기
These are actually used in real life a lot. You can only get those down if you mix them in your speech… no matter how good at English you are in Korea, it’s different than the US
22
0

ㅌㅇ |2018.06.28 00:40 신고하기
Please consider it carefully if you want to do an exchange… if you go for the first time, it’s really hard, you will experience discrimination because you won’t be able to communicate well in English and people will also look down on you  and if you only hang out with Korean people there, your English will never improve and you’ll just end up wasting your money. To be honest, you have to hang out with the foreign kids and that’s how you can improve your speaking!!
15
0

ㅇㅇ |2018.06.27 21:44 신고하기
Hul, I love this so much, please don’t remove this postㅠㅠㅠ
10
0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com