Tuesday, May 11, 2021

[theqoo] TEXTS THAT A STUDENT RECEIVED FROM HER MOTHER AFTER FAILING HER ENTRANCE EXAM

"- You failed your entrance exams, school grades, essay test, is there even anything that you're good at? Do you even make any effort?
- Answer the phone. Are you not even sorry for ruining your parents? I'm scared every time the relatives contact me. I'm embarrassed when they ask me about which university you're attending. Other mothers are bragging about their kids attending Yonsei or Korea University. Do you even know that you're far from being our pride and joy and instead are our disgrace? Are you not even going to take responsibility for it? When did I tell you to do as much as your unnie?"

" - Is it that hard to get accepted to a decent university? You even screwed up your school grades. Is there even anything you can do? Geez, the more I see you, the more disappointed I get. Kondonghongsuk/KDH? (T/N: stands for Konkuk, Dongguk, Hongdae University. Korean students have categories for universities based on their ranking, SKY universities being the top. Kondonghongsuk is not as prestigious as SKY). Just go out in society. Who even knows about KDH? This is not just limited to job applications. When you meet people, they also treat you vastly different if you are from the top universities. If you really can't do anything, at least try to go to Hanyang University. As for your job, consider it as something secondary. There's a lot of ways for that. But when people hear about these universities, they definitely won't think about them positively even if you think that they are good univerisities.
- Go on a boarding school at Gangnam Daesung, boarding school will be the solution. I don't even want to see you at home"

"I failed my early entrance exams with my liberal arts high school grades
So I'm setting up for KDH through regular admissions
(T/N: 수시/early entrance exam = Early admission is based on school records.
It's not based on the grades of the college entrance exam, it's about high school grades.
Usually, this takes place before regular admissions.
It's a pre-admissions system for new students but they still required a minimum CSAT score

VS

정시/ regular admissions = University admissions after taking the college entrance exam.
In some cases, they might look at grades, essay interviews, etc.

The regular admission process will allow applications to be accepted at a fixed time after the national college entrance exam.)

I got a 12121 at my entrance exam (T/N: not sure about the grading system)
For regular admissions, you can't really go high with this kind of results

I'm trying to come to terms with my reality and go to an university

All my family graduated from the SKY universities
My relatives also have good academic background so that's why I think (my mom) is reacting this way
I'm so sad...

I'm from an all-girls school from Gangnam
I also acknowledge that I didn't perform relatively well there

But it's not like I didn't study at all
I tried by best and that was the result

I'm just so depressed"

original post: here

1. Our mom is like this too. I'm living in Seoul and she's still talking about Seo-Yeon-Go (Seoul, Yeonsei and Goryeo Uni). Because of my mom, I was forced to retake my entrance exam and it's seriously so annoying

2. How can you treat your kid like this...

3. This breaks my heart. I hope that she doesn't fall into depression... Universities can help you up to some extent but it's not everything there is to life

4. Ugh, they have no qualifications to be parents. Me too I'm raising a daughter in Gangnam and you can't treat your kid like this

5. She must feel so suffocated, seriously... Me too I went to a co-ed school in Gangnam and I originally went for early admissions with Sogang University but my family made a fuss so in the end, I didn't go there and went with SKY. It won't be long until I graduate university but even so, I can't forget what happened back thenㅋㅋㅋ All thanks to them, I lost my confidence and I take no joy in my educational background....

6. I was expecting some emotional text messages and was preparing to cry when clicking in but it went all out of the window... give my feelings back!!ㅋㅋ

7. *Pat pat*... ㅠㅠㅠ aigoo

8. I went to a lower ranked university and my dad and my relatives are all from SKY. And for a whole year, my dad didn't attend our family meetingsㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ he didn't want to tell others which university I was attending... They gave school entrance gifts to all my relatives but I didn't get anything. It's already been over 10 years since I graduated and I still can't forget the hurt

9. Seeing her entrance exam's score, it looks like she tried really hard ㅠ OP won't see this post but I hope that she's happy

10. This is so suffocating..


0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com