Thursday, December 20, 2018

[teens stories] WHY DON'T FOREIGNERS STUDY KOREAN WHEN THEY COME HERE ON VACATION?

I went to Subway and there were tourists ordering food.
They saw that the part-timer was unable to understand their super fluent English so they took a deep sight and had an annoyed expression, and explained their order again in Englishㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
If they come visit here, shouldn't they at least learn some basics?
I always do that when I go traveling though?
When I went o CO-EX too, some foreigners were asking me for a store's location and they always ask me in English ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ My friend works at a road shop and all the foreigners always talk to her in English and tell her about their skin type, ask for her recommendations, etc. Then, they would see my friend struggling and  would sigh and go ask another worker. I understand that from a customer service point of view, it's better if workers can speak English. But these foreigners are the ones coming to Korea so they should at least make some effort to know the basics ㅡㅡ There are lots of countries where they don't use English on a daily basis and where English isn't their first language. There was also an interview with a foreigner who was saying how he was having a hard time in Korea communicating with hospitals because we didn't speak English.. ha... do they think that we're English speakers here...


"I thought that all Koreans could understand English"


post response:
[+152][-4]
original post: here

ㅇㅇ |2018.12.20 18:11 신고하기
Or they expect us to have a translator or something. Do they think that it's the US here? F*ckers, do you think that we're all good at English? Why do we have to know English?!!!!
66
2

ㅇㅇ |2018.12.20 22:55 신고하기
Even though English is the world's  universal language, it's not our country's language. When foreign actors' movies hit daebak in Korea, they would make some kind of 'thank you' videos/message right? And the reactions are so different if they use Korean vs English, even though they use broken Korean. This time too, there was some foreigner who asked the reporter if she could speak in English because she doesn't really know Korean. For me, when I go to those non-English speaking countries like Spain, France or Japan, I would write down some simple phrases down in my notebook. If you go in the streets and meet a foreigner, 7/10 of the foreigners would ask you questions in English and most of the time, I wouldn't be able to understand what they say. For the remaining 3/10, they would use some mix of English and Korea. Seriously, I think that it's good that hallyu is getting more popular now and that more foreigners are learning Korean
38
0

ㅇㅇ |2018.12.20 22:06 신고하기
Your thought = my thought. For real, they are the ones coming here so I'd rather them speaking in Korean even if htey were using an online translator. I'm so mad when they just use their own language
34
0

ㅇㅇ |2018.12.21 02:36 신고하기
I hate it when the foreigns kids shamelessly ask for English subtitles on YouTube. They would click on a Korean YouTuber's video and say things like "their title is in English so why don't they have English subtitles? I hope that they can speak English. Such a shame that it's not in English" and make a fuss about it. I don't understand what the issue is
24
0

ㅇㅇ |2018.12.21 03:04 신고하기
I hate seeing people going like "English plz~"
11
0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com