Saturday, May 2, 2020

[theqoo] THIS IS K-POP VS THIS IS NOT K-POP



"Europe's first K-POP group KAACHI, first debut in London"

they are a girgl group called KAACHI. They gathered 4 people who dreamed of becoming K-POP singers and who used to be K-POP dancers. They are planning to have a documentary about the development of these 4 members and it will be broadcast on the famous Channel 4 in the UK.

They also debuted as a K-POP cover dance team and their home city is London


What do you think?
K-pop is a genre so this is also K-pop
vs
We don't have any regional association with them so how is this K-pop?

original post: here

1. First of all, these people call themselves K-pop so they are trying to go for the K-pop vibe. I personally think that it's a good thing that K-pop becomes a genre

2. I think that this is K-pop

3. K-pop is indeed becoming its own genre but I'm not sure what are the standards for it so I don't know if they are considered K-popㅋ but first, if they sing in Korean, I think that they can call themselves K-pop

4. I think that... rather than K-pop, they are more like idols?? Even as idols, they can be C-pop or J-pop and not necessarily K-pop so.... but I think that there's an unclear line to draw the lines of what is considered K-pop and what is not

5. I think it's K-pop

6. Of course it's K-pop ㅇ.ㅇ

7. If they sing in Korean, then why shouldn't it be K-pop? They even have a Korean member. Regardless of your nationality, if you promote in the states and sing in English, aren't you considered pop?

8. I don't think it's K-pop..... but they are cute ㅋㅋㅋ

9. But I get a weird feeling...ㅋㅋㅋ

10. Don't they have to debut in Korea for them to be considered K-pop?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com