Saturday, July 25, 2020

[theqoo] THE ONE TOP IN BEING UNPOPULAR IN KOREA COMPARED TO OVERSEAS

Drake

He's the #1 most successful artist of the 2010s. 
He simply dominates the entire music industry in the US and he's also a symbol of streaming right now 
He's not only popular in the US, but he's a phenomenon in other Western countries, in North America, Europe, etc.

But for a country like ours, where rap and Hip Hop are quite popular, he's being barely ever mentioned
Usually when other foreign rap/Hip Hop artists tour here, they would get mentioned a bit here and there but for Drake, he's the complete opposite

The reason for him being unpopular in our country is just because of different taste

original post: here

1. It's true that he's not popular in Koreaㅋㅋ

2. Drake isn't popular domestically? That's unexpected

3. Huh? But Drake's Hotline Bling, Controller, God's Plan, etc. were all freaking popular songs here though?

4. He's so unpopular that this is my first time seeing him. But I know that he's always at the top of the charts and I even purchased a few of his songs, but it's still my first time seeing him

5. But Drake is still doing better than the rest of them, if you're not a Hip Hop listener, normal people only know Kendrick Lamar

6. His only hit seemed to be Hotline Bling, I don't know any other songs of hisㅋㅋ

7. I only know Drake by his name

8. I know who Drake is but I can't think of one Drake song on top of my head

9. He's a total stranger to me

10. Ah crazy, this is so trueㅋㅋㅋ I really like pop music and I listen to Hip Hop a lot, but every time I listen to this guy's songs, I always skip them before the end ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com