Saturday, September 18, 2021

[teens stories] HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS BUYING LUXURY GOODS ON YOUTUBE

What do they do for a living? I'm so jealous. One of them went to a luxury goods store and was shopping at Chanel and bought a Birkin while I was just watching them at home... I could just feel a sense of relative deprivation.. It's so f*cking depressing and I'm so jealous. It makes my inferiority complex come out


post response:
[+71][-10]
original post: here

1. [+184, -5]
They just f*cking lucked out with their parents. For me, I can't even go to the Nike or Adidas offline stores because I'm too nervous

2. [+73, -1]
If you see the big picture, this is just the wealth gap. Even kids who are in the upper middle class could be like OP. It also depends on your parents' values

3. [+38, 0]
Nowadays, everyone and their mothers buy luxury goods. Back then, Gucci and PRADA were considered expensive but since so many people have them now, they just became meh. Upper lower-end brands just lost all their popularity. Also, there are way more rich people than you think. There are more than 2.5M people just in the top 5% of our country ㅋㅋ there are 500K people in the top 1%

4. [+32, 0]
They lucked out on their parents... but more than half of the people are not like that...

5. [+22, -2]
Most of them succeeded with their business

6. [+16, 0]
Are the families with a business the ones who are rich? The rich kids around me are all from families who have a business




0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com