Wednesday, December 20, 2017

[teens stories] THE REASON WHY OUR COUNTRY HAS THE #1 SUICIDE RATE

Image result for gif anime city(picture not included)
Ever since we were young, we were taught to boast about each other by comparing ourselves to others.
If you just fall a bit behind compared to others, you are stigmatized as being a loser
 
What’s more is that as you get older and live past your mid-20’s, people treat you like a complete oldie
How can they treat people like that at that age… they are still in their youth
 
Our system totally does all it can to make people feel bad about themselves
 
People say that as long as your country is convenient to live in, and has things like basic medical insurance going on and that you’re rich, you will be living in a happy country. But I’m not sure about that. If we compare Korea with the average country, our happiness index is much lower. Korea is not a nice place to live in.
 
It’s just hell-Joseon.
 
Even if a country doesn’t have a lot of conveniences, if their people have a healthy mind, it will become a country that’s good to live in.
 
It’s for sure that parents need to take care of their children, but as soon as they do something for their kids, they get called “mom-choong” (T/N: a derogatory term that uses the words mom + bug to describe moms who are overprotective of their own children, and who want to brag about their kids as if they are their possession)
If a mom is seen with her kid in the streets, everyone glares at her. That’s our country.
If the kid accidentally gets hurt and start to cry, people around them will think of them as a nuisance for being so loud.
Our country is so weird, it acts so harsh towards parents.
Of course there are bad parents too but…

post response:
[+2,403][-48]
original posts: here

남자 |2017.12.20 11:57 신고하기
If you don’t care about people: you’re an outsider (T/N: 아싸/Ah-ssa, which is a diminutive of “outsider”). If you act too nicely towards people: you’re an easy bast*rd (T/N: 호구새끼/hogu seggi, someone who’s easily deceived and naïve). If you are too conscious about everyone: you live by getting controlled by others. If you have an outgoing and shiny personality: you’re an attention seeker. If you have a quiet personality: you’re a worthless/loser bast*rd. If you rank 1st: you’re a scheming bast*rd. If you rank last: you’re an idiot bast*rd. If you rank in the middle: your life is meaningless. Let’s get out of this damn country.
484
4

ㅇㅇ |2017.12.20 07:50 신고하기
We rank first in those useless ranking such as the country who has the most plastic surgery. Our country is always trying to show off to other people. We are always comparing ourselves to others as if being pretty or handsome was a must. And this mentality is the biggest weapon of destruction. Our country doesn’t allow you to live if you don’t care about other people’s gazes. Our insides are already rotten but a lot of people only want to get praised based on their outer appearance. People have low self-esteem so they obsess about outer appearances. Most of the people in our country have low self-esteem. This is because we compare ourselves to others and got compared and was under constant pressure. We always use “our” when we talk about “our country” but I don’t think that’s always good because it makes living for “me” and “I” difficult. No matter how you see it, I think that it makes people happier to live in an individualistic society rather than a collective one. Living in a “we” society is so tiring.
310
5

ㅇㅇ |2017.12.20 15:56 신고하기
It’s because of all the hate towards women that I hate living in Korea… as soon as we girls do something, we get labeled as ‘kimchi-nyeo’ or ‘doenjang-nyeo’ (T/N: materialistic and superficial). If we drive, we get called ‘Kim driver’ (T/N: bad female driver). If we don’t put makeup on, people tell us to doll ourselves up. If we swear, people say that girls shouldn’t use words like that. if we put makeup while we are minors, people tells us that “young kids shouldn’t be wearing makeup”. If we wear short skirts, they tell us not to wear short stuffs. Almost everyone who’s a victim of sexual harassment are women but Korean men would still defend the man. If a woman gets a little benefit, people start calling out “reverse discrimination”…
204
19

ㅇㅇ |2017.12.20 13:16 신고하기
Why are people agreeing with the fact that people become oldies once they reach their mid-20’s? They are still f*cking young. If you were to live 100 years, that would be barely 20% of your life?? How young is that? And there are so many things that you have yet to experience. I seriously don’t understand why people treat them like that.
135
0

ㅇㅇ |2017.12.20 08:08 신고하기
I lived in Korea for 12 years and then immigrated to the US. Seriously, I was so depressed when I was living in Korea. Ever since elementary school, I had to stay at the academy until9 PM. Attending an English academy was the basic and it lasted 4 hours. My mom wanted me to take care of my body so she sent me to ballet classes. In Korea, I was forced into taking ballet classes and forced to eat with restraint so when I was in my 5th grade of elementary school, I only weighted 28 kg. As a result, I always had to do checkups for my height and weight and the doctor at our school said that I was the one who weighted the least in our whole school. For all my 5 years at my elementary school, I just wanted to die. Every time I did bad at an exam, my mom would hit me and compare me to other people. All my confidence was gone. Our house had money so my mom was able to contact all the famous instructors and as soon as there was a new renowned academy, she would send me there. When I was in my 3rd grade, I got 100% in math and language class. So my parents bought me a Galaxy S3. But I scored 90% in the following exam and my mom broke my phone with a hammer. Once, I failed so bad at an exam. Was it during my 4th grade? My mom threw a kitchen knife at me and told me to die. She said that kids who can’t study don’t deserve to live. At that time, I really wondered a lot if I should just die. My mom did her master’s degree overseas and my dad has a doctorate in business administration. They were so smart while their daughter was a fool, I felt so pressured. I seriously thought about suicide a lot during elementary school. I did my best, but why are my results not showing?... if there were 10 questions and that I got 9 right but 1 wrong, my mom was the type of person to not think about the 9 questions but to obsess about that 1 question I got wrong. Unless I got 100%, she would never give me compliments. And then, I immigrated to the US and everything became bright again. Seriously, the system in Korea whereby students only live through studying is the worst.
121
75

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com