Tuesday, April 16, 2019

[teens stories] KIDS WHO ONLY WEAR LEGGINGS

T/N: Koreans don't really wear leggings on its on, they usually wear something on top or a longer shirt to cover their butts

Please stop minding about what other people wear ㅜ
I lived in the US so wearing leggings has became a habit for me. Now that I'm in Korea, I continued wearing them on a casual basis.
When I was in the US, I've never gotten any weird stares and people never whispered on my back because of it. But it's no joke in Korea, it's to the point where people would stare at me until it makes me uncomfortable...
I was taking the metro yesterday and there were no seats so I was just standing up. There were some people who were standing farther behind me and they were like "hul, she's just wearing leggings. Is she not embarrassed?" and they were just whispering to each other like that and kept glancing at me. I stared back at them and they didn't say anything...

Why would they care so much about what other people are wearing?? Am I hurting anyone by only wearing leggings?? Please stop minding about what other people are wearing



Foreigners seriously just wear leggings alone so casually but I don't really understand why people in our country have to wear them with a long shirt over... can't we just wear them boldly?

post response:
[+781][-689]
original post: here

ㅇㅇ |2019.04.16 00:22 신고하기
Shut up, it's Korea here. If you hate it, just go back to the US and wear leggings there. When in Rome, do as Romans do
755
1198

ㅇㅇ |2019.04.15 22:44 신고하기
Just wear them without caring about other people. Our country is just f*cking conservativeㅋㅋㅋ You kids are telling her to go back to the US and wear them there but I bet that you wouldn't even be able to say it to her face is real lifeㅋㅋㅋㅋ Anyways, I don't really have fat on my Y-zone so it looks fie but if you have fat there, you could end up looking a bit like an ahjumma
646
224

ㅇㅇ |2019.04.15 21:00 신고하기
It's seriously embarrassing so don't wear them ok?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋI'm a fellow woman but I'm telling you this since I'm embarrassed.....
593
672

ㅇㅇ |2019.04.16 01:14 신고하기
If you don't like how Koreans are embarrassed about only wearing leggings and hate if when other people whisper in our back, then the best solution is just to go back to the US. Just like how you are uncomfortable because of us, we are also uncomfortable and embarrassed when looking at your butt so just screw off.
234
96

ㅇㅇ |2019.04.16 01:28 신고하기
Why is OP talking about the American culture in Korea? If anything, do you think that it would make sense for a Korean who doesn't speak English to be talking to an American in Korea? Do you think that a Korean person would be able to live in the US if he/she is stuck with our values? In the same way, foreigners who come to Korea has to adjust to our language and culture. IS OP going to stay in Korea in the future? If not, is she only coming here for a moment and going back? If she's going back, then I guess that she should just put up with it until she goes back. Of course, it's her fault if she doesn't want to put in the effort to adjust to our culture. But if she's here to stay, then she should adjust to our culture  
209
31

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com