Tuesday, September 1, 2020

[theqoo] SOMETHING THAT AMERICANS DON'T UNDERSTAND ABOUT KOREAN EATING CULTURE





Cutting food with scissors

original post: here

1. That's right. I went to a homestay in Japan and gave seaweed as a gift. The Japanese host was like "how do you eat it if you don't cut it?" and I just told them to cut it with scissors and they found it so strange

2. Maybe they prefer eating food that's already chopped up? They prefer eating spaghetti that's cut up instead of naengmyun or steak that's cut up in gravy

3. Looking at it like that, it does seem like scissors are pretty useless... they also have divided opinions when it comes to nangmyun because of the way it's shared. I think that they don't eat noodles that are chewy? Even for meat, instead of grilling them on a plate in the middle of the table, they prefer to cut their own steak themselves... But what do they use to cut their BBQ?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ don't they eat a lot of BBQ? It's not like they can cut their meat with a knife on the BBQ tray.... do they cut up the raw meat into pieces first?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but scissors are seriously so convenient. Americans should try them

4. Huh? So how do foreigners eat their meat? Do they cut it up themselves like in restaurants??? It must be such a pain...

5. Interesting, using scissors is so convenient

6. For me, I don't really like to share the food that I ordered. I want to eat the food that I ordered deliciously by myself, but when I eat with friends, we always have to order a couple of dishes and share together so I can only eat a little bit of the food I like, and eat the food I don't like

7. Scissors are way more convenient than knives ㅋㅋ

8. They'll get it if they tried onceㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ try try (T/N: in English)

9. It's so much more convenient that it's not even worth the comparison

10. This is just a cultural difference

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com