Tuesday, November 24, 2020

[theqoo] POP WORLD THROWING A FIT BECAUSE THIS ARTIST WASN'T NOMINATED FOR 2021 GRAMMYS

 


Weeknd

He produced a single that hit super daebak and a very successful album 
The critiques reviews weren't even bad, on the contrary he received so much praise for it
BUT Grammys didn't put him on any of the major categories
To put things into perspective, it's like not nominating BTS for any award shows in Korea, this is the level of shocking it got
 To be honest, there were even rumors about him sweeping all the general categories this year

Blinding Lights = #1 on Billboard's annual favorites
+
Q: Anyways, Grammys is just a bunch of white people no~?
A: Aside from Weeknd, I don't think so 

1. Record Of The Year

BLACK PARADE
Beyoncé
COLORS
Black Pumas
ROCKSTAR
DaBaby Featuring Roddy Ricch
SAY SO
Doja Cat
EVERYTHING I WANTED
Billie Eilish
DON'T START NOW
Dua Lipa
CIRCLES
Post Malone
SAVAGE
Megan Thee Stallion Featuring Beyoncé

2. Album Of The Year

CHILOMBO
Jhené Aiko
BLACK PUMAS (DELUXE EDITION)
Black Pumas
EVERYDAY LIFE
Coldplay
DJESSE VOL.3
Jacob Collier
WOMEN IN MUSIC PT. III
HAIM
FUTURE NOSTALGIA
Dua Lipa
HOLLYWOOD'S BLEEDING
Post Malone
FOLKLORE
Taylor Swift

3. Song Of The Year

BLACK PARADE
(Beyoncé)
THE BOX
(Roddy Ricch)
CARDIGAN
(Taylor Swift)
CIRCLES
(Post Malone)
DON'T START NOW
(Dua Lipa)
EVERYTHING I WANTED
(Billie Eilish)
I CAN'T BREATHE
(H.E.R.)
IF THE WORLD WAS ENDING
(JP Saxe Featuring Julia Michaels)


original post: here

1. No but that's a song that even as a non pop listener like me knows.. 

2. Is it because of racism...? 

3. I was wondering what song it was and clicked play and I recognized the song because I've heard it so many times 

4. Why the hell isn't he nominated????

5. To be honest, I've never even heard of Beyonce's song in comparison 

6. It's was an unexpected turn that he wasn't nominated for albums award, but not being nominated for his album was understandable, it was so so 

7. I'm a Weeknd fan, and I was waiting until his name would be called out, but when I heard BTS I got so happy that I screamed and I jumped everywhere and then I realized that Weeknd wasn't nominated for anything... I waited until the end just in case.. No but I've never imagined that his name wouldn't be nominated in any of the categories... I would've accepted if other songs weren't nominated either but Blinding Lights received love from all over the world ever since last year, and that song even started a new trend in its genre, it's still charting super high and it was a freaking huge hit + it was a masterpiece... I'm not even asking for him to win, but at least give him the nomination his album deserved with all the love that he received from it~.... Ugh this is freaking eba I'm so sad.... 

8. Seriously they should've nominated this song, now that it's not even nominated, we won't be able to see him sweeping the awards

9. To be honest, I'm shocked that Justin Bieber got nominated, he released Yummy after such a huge vacuum period, I got shocked 

10. This isn't due to racism, but he was still robbed for some reason... I wonder why? ㅠㅠ

11. The song was jjang, what is happening? 

12. Wow he's not in any of the categories...ㅋㅋㅋ  Personally, I feel like this song blew bigger than Doja Cat's this is a fascinating sight 

13. Please give Weeknd a lot of support in his Super Bowl performance next year... It will be a performance without audience, but let's rip the stage.. ㅠㅠ

14. As a Weeknd fan, I'm crying...... Weeknd probably wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that he wasn't nominated for anything. He f*cking chewed on everyone this year, it makes no sense that he wasn't nominated for any category 

15. They honestly even nominated other similar songs to Weeknd's but not him? 

16. No but this is dumbfounding, the nominees are all amazing, but Weeknd hit so daebak this year that I can't comprehend why he couldn't even be nominated? Is it because he didn't submit his songs? Seriously those award shows are becoming more and more disgraceful 

17. ?????????????????? Huh why isn't he there??????? Isn't this the album of the year ?????????/ For real, I can't think of anything else but racism, why else wouldn't he be nominated????

18. Ah I came here before going to sleep to look at the state of the award and I'm dumbfoundedㅋㅋㅋㅋ  F*ck are we really talking about a song that was the #1 yearly song on Billboard?...

19. For real, this is how they treat a song that swept the entire world's charts? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com