Thursday, November 12, 2020

[theqoo] THE THING I'M ENVIOUS ABOUT J-POP

 



Rock music gets a better treatment there than in Korea
Super bands like Loudness, BowWow and Kinniku Shōjo Tai are still well and alive
and there are people like X Japan and Gackt who are even famous in our country
There's also a high demand in rock in Japan, but most importantly rock is considered mainstream there
They even founded their own rock genre witch is Visual Rock 

The image of rock in Korea has improved a lot, but it is still minor. 
Compared to hip-hop, which has risen to mainstream through SMTM, treatment for rock is still poor. Rock's image was bad due to the RUX incident and is still not recovering. 
To the extent that a drummer can be expelled for throwing a stick 
And ever since the bands in Hongdae almost got into trouble altogether too 

Sanwoolim and other legendary rock bands are the exception
But I think the domestic treatment is too poor compared to Japan ㅠㅠ
Fans overseas will treat our bands better 

I'm a rock fan and I even appeared in a band audition program, but I'm so envious of Japan.. 

original post: here

1. I freaking like JPOP for this, even for their idol songs, they include rock and bass sounds and it's considered mainstream there. I f*cking love it 

2. I agree with this, especially because I have a band, I'm so envious of Japan 

3. They also love metal over there, Japan has a lot more genres than us!

4. Japan's domestic music market is huge, so of course they will have more genres than us, there are also more people who readily consume it

5. If not for those RUX F*ckers we would've seen a lot of rockers now..

6. If you like rock, honestly, you will love Japan. My friend is crazy about rock music and after he went to Japan for a school trip, he's been living there and enjoying his lifeㅋㅋㅋㅋ  There are so many festivals and he will be busy visiting all of them during summer 

7. Every country's music genre is different, so it can't be helped that rock isn't famous in our country. But even when I listen to bands in Korea including the indie ones, there are no bands who make music that really stands out. While Japan's rock genre is solid, our country is making hip hop shine more, it's interesting to see

8. But if you look from a global perspective, this is why JPOP is less popular, because the trend now is hip hop. But it's true that their rock genre is well established, Their jazz market as well. They have a lot of well-developed sub-genres

9. So true... And they also have girl bands as well, I'm so envious that they were able to revitalize itㅠㅠㅠ They have the music that I love, I hope that our country revive it as well.. 

10. I just think that the demand for rock in our country is too low.... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com