Monday, August 23, 2021

[theqoo] 'COMEBACK' STRAY KIDS ''WE WILL SPIT OUR SOUND WITH A BACKBONE''

 줏대있게 = The opposite of spineless, without backbone



Stray Kids gave a Q&A to commemorate their 2nd full length album 'NOEASY' 

Q: This is the first new album in 2021 and a comeback after about 11 months. How do you feel about releasing a new album after such a long time?

Bang Chan: We had many experiences after our 1st full-length repackage album ‘IN生’ (Life), which was released in September last year. I am very excited to be able to show STAY the image of Stray Kids growth through these experiences. Since it's our comeback after such a long time, we will show our colors to many people in a cool way.

Changbin: Stray Kids, too, have been eagerly waiting for this comeback. As it is an album that we worked so hard preparing, I am very curious about the reaction of the public and STAY!

Felix: I'm really excited and looking forward to the comeback after all this time. I want to show STAY and everyone watching the more grown up version of Stray Kids. 

Q: You successfully wrapped up Mnet’s ‘Kingdom: Legendary War’ by winning in the finale. There is a lot of anticipation for this album. What was the part you've been preparing the most? Also, I'm curious to see if anything has changed since 'Kingdom' and, if so, what kind of influence it has had on the new album work?

Bang Chan: The goal of ‘Kingdom’ was “Let’s show a lot of new sides”. As with ‘Kingdom’, in this album, we want to show new music styles and genres that we have never shown before in our own colors. I think the part where we improved the most while doing ‘Kingdom’ was relaxing on stage. Through this comeback, we will show you a relaxed/free image on stage.

Changbin: After finishing 'Kingdom', I felt more pride in the team and STAY's love for us. I also gained confidence in Stray Kids’ own music and stage. For this album, I think I made more bold music based on that conviction.

Seungmin: Befitting the title of the final victory in ‘Kingdom’, I myself take responsibility and confidence in everything I do. For this album, we tried to put the parts we always wanted to improve on and develop on stage and in various types of media.

Q: The stories told through Stray Kids' unique way of storytelling in each album are very interesting. What kind of story do you plan to tell this time with the title song ‘Thunderous (t/n: Korean title 소리꾼 actually means a 'nagger')’? Would you like to introduce the lyrics that are the killing point?

Bang Chan: It contains the message, “As ‘소리꾼’ Stray Kids who deal with ‘nagging people’, we will spit out our ‘sounds’ with a backbone.” The new song ‘소리꾼’ has a lot of killing parts. Among them, I think the part called “Rumble Thunder” is the killing part.

Hyunjin: We wanted to deliver our own unique music through '소리꾼'. There were lyrics that were the point for each song. This time, the part that says “*spit* *spit* *spit*” is the point. We wanted to our voices to be heard. 

I.N: We are going to show you a lot of cool performances with the title song ‘소리꾼’. This song has a lot of unique killing points, so it's hard to choose just one, but I think it's probably all the hooks!

Q: Through the 'God Menu' and 'Back Door' released last year, Stray Kids showed the strong charm of the 'Mala taste genre', pioneered by Stray Kids (t/n: mala = numbing spicy). , Please explain how this work is different from the previous works.

Lee Know: Even if you cook the same menu, the taste will change depending on the ingredients that each person prefers, so this time, we would appreciate it if you could think of it as a Stray Kids song that adds another ingredient to give it a savory taste!

Changbin: As soon as you hear ‘소리꾼’, you will feel, “This is Stray Kids!” I didn't limit my work with the intention of continuing the 'mala taste genre', but it's definitely an attractive and appealing music.

I.N: I think '소리꾼' is also an extension of the 'mala taste genre'. However, this is just my opinion, and I hope that many people will feel it for themselves after watching the stage!

Q: How do you describe 소리꾼 in one word?

Felix: This concept can be called 'Goblin' and 'Black and Red'. It is another image that that Stray Kids has never shown before. 

Q: In 'God Menu', you performed a choreography that seemed to make menus while turning a frying pan and using a knife, and in 'Back Door', you gained popularity with a performance that knocked on the door. I'm curious about Stray Kids' new performance. What is the point choreography?

Lee Know: The point choreography of ‘소리꾼’ is the hand movement during the hook, which seems to spit out the words said with enthusiasm. As a whole, you can feel the power and energy in the choreography, and in addition to that, you can also see unique dance lines, so our members are also looking forward to performing the full stage.

Hyunjin: There are a lot of point moves in this choreography, so it's hard to choose just one, but I think the most important point is the hand movements that go along with the lyrics of "*spit* *spit* *spit*".

Felix: There is a goblin hand movement in the choreography of the new song. I think it's a point choreography that fits well with the song. Also, at the end of the song, there is a move that seems to float on clouds, and I think many people will like it. Please look forward to it!

Q: I wonder what the new album name 'NOEASY' means and what words you wanted to say through this album.

Bang Chan: The album name 'NOEASY' contains our desire to make the loudest impact on the world with our music.

Hyujin: Through this album, we wanted to show what kind of music and stage Stray Kids are a team, and we wanted to show how diverse our music can be to many people.

Seungmin: It means ‘Life is not easy because of nagging people who say this and that, but Stray Kids should also not be taken easily’. If you listen to the songs on this album one by one, you will be able to see our broader musical spectrum and our diverse expression. 

Q: Aside from the title song, please tell us about the b-side songs you love the most and why.

Lee Know: I like the 7th track, 'Silent Cry'. I think a song that is easy to listen to, and I think the fans will love it as well.

Han: I am very attached to the song ‘Gone Away’. It was my first time making a ballad genre, and it was my first time working with Seungmin and our youngest E.N. Because it is filled with those memories and hard work, I think I am more attached to it.

Seungmin: I really like the song 'Secrets Secret'. Every time I listen to it, I can relate a lot to the lyrics, and it is a song that touches me even more when I listen when feeling depressed. 

Q: Is there a modifier that Stray Kids would like to acquire? I'm also curious about the goals you want to achieve through this album's activities.

Lee Know: We would like to build a reliable image  of “As expected from the expected”, and furthermore, I would like to hear the words “As expected Stray Kids are Stray Kids”.

Hyunjin: If someone was to say “Stray Kids pursue music that is different from others and are unique and full of personality,” I would be really proud and happy. And above all, the goal is for the members to promote safely and healthily without getting hurt.

I.N: It's both a modifier and a goal, but I want to hear the words 'always growing artist' and 'always working artist' through this album, and I want to be like that in reality!


original post: here

1. Stray Kids let's sell 1M copies

2. Don't let the school-violence-dol slide

3. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ  People shielding him are just pathetic 

4. I'm just shocked at fans spending money on a kid who was picking at other girls and wrote comments swearing at other people's mothers

5. I already hated him for bullying other girls and I hate him even more because his fans are shielding him 

6.  (Seungmin) It means ‘Life is not easy because of nagging people who say this and that, but Stray Kids should also not be taken easily’. 
This was the killing part

7. Stray Kids, fighting! Let's do well in this album ❤❤❤

8. School-violence-dolㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. Can we just kick that person with his backbone out? I loved God Menu but every time I listen to it now, I can't help but feel uncomfortable 

10. He's not reading the room 

11. Stray Kids is rising 

12. Stray Kids, fighting on your promotion, I'm looking forward to the song ❤️

13. The song is seriously so good
 
14. "Having a backbone"  ㅎㅎ

15. He does seem like he has a backbone, in various ways 

16. He sure has the backbone enough to bully othersㅋㅋ

17. Their school violence image is way too strong nowㅠㅠ

18. They sure have enough spine to comeback, of course, I'm not reading the entire interview 

19. The way they're trying to stir our patriotism with the promotion picture is so transparent

20. Can they stop with using nationalism 



[theqoo] JYP PARK JIN YOUNG'S INSTAGRAM UPDATE (CONCERNING STRAY KIDS)

 
"The company staffs gather our heads together to come up with the theme for the next Skz album but when we hear the songs they wrote, we just say "Let's go with that!" 

The creative ability of these guys are for real. They come up with the theme, the name, lyrics, melody, track of most of their songs. That's why I'm confident about their future. These guys are REAL!!"

original post: here

1. No but just why would he write things like this until the end? Can he just promote them without saying anything..?

2. Ugh unlikable 

3. Where did the personality-JYP go?

4. They are trending #1 worldwide so he deserves to be excited about it

5. But usually when idols come back, he always updates his Insta..

6. I've never heard their songs... I don't even know if they are talented

7. Stray Kids are at their career high when it comes to digital and physical scores so of course Park Jinyoung would be happy about it ㅋㅋㅋ

8. They are #1 on iTunes in 44 counties so they are at their career highㅋㅋ Park Jinyoung's wish was always overseas advancementㅋㅋ Ajae, congratulations

9. I've always felt that JYP was a bit shady... What the Stray Kids leader said about the previous member was also meh

10. Are all the Stray Kids' fans welcoming the school-violence-member..?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com