Wednesday, September 9, 2020

[theqoo] "DISBAND" VS "PROTECT" EXO FANDOM, AND CHANYEOL, SEHUN SUPPORTING CHEN "SPLIT"

EXO's fandom is furious. 

On the afternoon of the 8th, the hashtag "EXO disband for deceiving the fans" rose in the trends. 
It was shocking to see because the EXO fandom independently made that hashtag. 

On that day, EXO member CHen released his OST part. 3 for the SBS drama 'Do you like Brahms?' called 'Your Moonlight'. EXO members Chanyeol and Sehun congratulated Chen's release by posting their streaming proofs on their IG story. 


The members displayed their loyalty by supporting each other, but some fans expressed their great disappointment. 

Earlier this year, Chen has released a handwritten letter claiming 'I have a girlfriend whom I want to be with for my lifetime.' and denied the reports of his wife being 7 months pregnant and being already married. However, 3 months later, the lie was revealed in the news. 


The fandom angered over Chen accused him of deceiving the fans and harming EXO's promotions. Since then, the fandom has been strongly urging him to withdraw through delivery(?) events, bus advertisements, protests, etc. 

Fans expressed that the way the members are publicly sharing their support for Chen was a betrayal to them. The fans rose their voices claiming "Who would've thought I'd be back stabbed like that?" "EXO doesn't even consider the fans' entity, I'm leaving the fandom" "They're killing the fans twice". 

And the other half of the fandom saying "As long as Chen leaves we're fine, why would they need to disband?" "Are you really a fan? Wake up" "Have nobody tried to live their life in society? Of course coworkers will support each other. What wrong did the members do?" refuting what the others said. 

In response, they have been tweeting with "SM, protect EXO" in the Twitter trends. 


original post: here

1. SeChan also promoted Baekhyun's OST when it was released. And it would've been so awkward if they did it only for Baekhyun and not for Chen.. However, I still couldn't help but feel restless when I saw them promoting that guy, I felt like the villain.. ㅋㅋ Up until now, it just seems like the members aren't ready to talk about Chen because of the fans' atmosphere and I don't think it's something that can be repaired with time. And the frustration has just been building up until now, and the fans saying it's okay are just trying to hold back but they have their limits too. Up until now, we still think 'we only hate him, so there's no need to quit the fandom?ㅋㅋ ' and there's nothing that changes about the good sides of the other members.. But even I'm starting to think that it'll be over soon too. Whenever I see news about the kids, I can't bring myself to like them anymore. Because I think about how the fans are frustrated about him.  I don't know what to do anymoreㅋㅋㅋ We could've had something at the end of the year but because of that someone... Ah I'm so upset. Kim Jongdae leave EXO. Screw off serously. 

2. I'm not a fan of EXO but I can understand what the fandom feels right now. The members are treating Chen a certain way and it makes the fans wonder if they're doing their best for the fans

3. Just withdraw already. If you weren't able to get through this, before something worse come at you, just leave.. I just feel so backstabbed right nowㅋㅋ  And seeing the news about the agency and the members wanting Chen to stay made me go nuts, so when I saw the stories yesterday, even though it was trivial, I couldn't help but realize that all the time I've fangirled on them from debut to now became different. There's so many other ways they can be supporting Chen without letting the fans know and there's no way that they don't know how the fans are feeling right now. They must know it so well. I guess I'll just leave the fandom...

4. SM never lets their controversial members leave, just why? The fans are the only pitiful ones

5. I just hate seeing him now, withdraw already. It's not that easy to quit the fandom because of the members that I like but damn... He's gone too far. The rest of the fans are seriously pitiful, the members are all aware of this already and all this would've been over had he simply left. But right now all the muggles think that we're just overreacting. 

6. That's why this is becoming an issue, the fans are starting to leave the fandom more and more.. Sigh ㅜㅜ

7. Wow... I'm another group's fan but I think that there's no other way but to quit the fandom at this point. The fans are the only pitiful ones ㅠㅠ

8. Their lives are seriously freaking tiring 

9. No but he's the one who already impregnated his wife so why lie to the fans? In the end, his wife will give birth when her time is due, it's a lie that you can't cover

10. I'm seriously curious so I'm asking, are these fans all-fans or individual members fans? I can't understand this.. I'm an individual fan and if my bias did something like that, I would've definitely quit the fandom.. I don't think you'd be swearing at the members if you were an all-fan, maybe just shocked.. As an individual fan, I can't care less about the other members but I feel like they have more akgaes in their fandom 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com