Monday, February 1, 2021

[enter-talk] STRAY KIDS' CONTROVERSIAL RACIST PAST OF A MEMBER

Stray Kids Han Jisung
Those are the lyrics he wrote in middle school and uploaded on YT
He's in a racist controversy
Most of his fans are foreigners and it's a bit of a big issue

I feel like it will become public soon so he should make an apology
T/N: in one part of his lyrics, he says "you 깜둥이 migrant" and the word ggamdung-ie is like the Korean equivalent of the N word. Koreans sometimes call dogs or fellow Koreans with darker skin the same way and it's not offensive. But when used to describe a black person, it's considered pretty racist (from Namuwiki).

Someone on Twitter has the full trans


Cr: allabtan


post response:
[+186][-10]
original post: here

1. [+103, -5]
Trolling aside, it is impossible to shield racism... He was at an age of knowing everything and wrote those lyrics. Even as a non-celebrity, it's something to be ashamed of and he needs to reflect. I think that the best thing is to apologize quickly and show that he's sincerely reflecting.. It's a good thing that this only affected him negatively but since the whole team might be affected, he should apologize quickly

2. [+77, -4]
Even in his 2nd year of middle school, he should be fully capable of distinguishing what's wrong. Shielding is a no-no. 

3. [+53, -3]
Stays-ah, don't call out the trolls. If someone said that this was a troll post, they are not a Stayㅠ f*ck

4. [+32, -1]
But I don't know why Jisungie was so mad when he was in his early rapper days. He did say that his lyrics back then were all intensely strong. He talked about his past a lot of times and every time he talked about it, he's a kid who would acknowledge the wrong that he did and reflect on it (when he fought with the members, he would say "my personality was like that, I was wrong") so seeing that, I can see that he's someone different. I'm not turned off. But I hope that he apologizes

5. [+21, -2]
I don't really know what to say... of course he did wrong and should apologize. I'm definitely not trying to shield him. Once this blows up, the team will be affected and the person involved will have it so hard that it will feel like death. The other members will have it hard too. I've seen this so many times so as a fan, I just feel sorry... He's seriously a hard working and ambitious kid who doesn't know anything else but music. This hurts my heart. Rather than being disappointed, I just... ha.. it makes me wonder why he did that

6. [+19, -1]
Ow.. he's swearing from beginning to end


0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com