Wednesday, March 31, 2021

[theqoo] SF9'S ROWOON'S CONVERSATION WITH FAN THAT'S BECOMING AN ISSUE

T/N: this post is currently going viral on Theqoo with over 2.5K comments

Summary
1. Rowoon is receiving hate because of a fansign video where he said "me too, before being an idol, I'm a person"
2. The fan who uploaded the video requested him to do a "heart with his cheek" and posted his reaction to her request
3. There are other people saying that she shouldn't have requested him to do a "heart with his cheek" and that it was 100% a rude request so that's why Rowoon reacted this way. So the fan is also getting hate

"This is a gif from a Twitter video and if you look at the first, he went 0_0! and he looked surprised

????: Please make a heart with your cheek
Rowoon: 0_0 (shocked) before being an idol, I'm a person

How could he have done this? Contextually, it doesn't make sense
How can someone 5 years into his career be so surprised at a request to do a heart with his cheek? I'm 100% sure that he heard something rude or surprising, don't you think so?"

So today, they uploaded the full video with the front and back of the cut


Fan: Oppa, I like everything about your face but I like your eyebrows the most
Rowoon: Should I pick it for you? (picks eyebrow)
Fan: Ah yes! Thank you thank you!
Rowoon: What are you thanking me for?
Fan: Can you do that (cheek heart) for me once?
Rowoon: Aaargh, I gave you my eyebrow so can I not do that?
Fan: Sorry? (I couldn't hear)
Rowoon: I'm too embarrassed (copying the cheek heart motion)
Fan: Ah why?ㅠㅠ....
Rowoon: I gave you my eyebrow so can I not do it? Aren't you super embraased?
Fan: I'm embarrassed since I'm not an idol... 
Rowoon: Me too, before being an idol, I'm a person
Fan: No, no, I'm sorry. But I would like you to do it ㅠㅠ
Rowoon: Geez... do idols have to do this? (T/N: he said it in a playful way)
Fan: Ah sorry, sorry!! Please
Rowoon: Must I? Let's make peace with a finger heart

original post: here

1. If he didn't want to do these kind of things, he should say it before debuting... don't steal the spot of someone else who's more desperate than you

2. Huh? Saying it like this.... is this a situation worth commenting "I'm a person before being an idol"...? The fan must've been super embarrassedㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ큐ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. What's so hard about doing a cheek heart?... he didn't do it until the end

4. I would've been turned off already when he was talking to himself saying "what are you thanking me for?"

5. Is requesting a cheek heart something so rude?.... I was wondering if I had the wrong mentality about itㅋㅋ if she was asking him to pluck his eyebrows for her and that he went "ugh", I would've understood but she didn't even ask him to pluck it for her and he gestured like he was giving it to her, and then she said thanks and he went "what are you thanking me for"..... she must've been taken aback. Getting treated like this after paying for a fansign and then getting hate from other fans because of this video... I'm just pitying this fan. She met with her idol after paying a lot of it so I hope that he could at least treat her with respect. Even if he doesn't have the same love as the fan has for him, he should at least have the service mind.

6. Instead of taking the time to tell her that he didn't want to do it and bringing the mic closer to him, he should've just done it. Sigh... what's so hard about this? Yeah, I guess that you're a person before being an idol~

7. What's wrong with him? Should've just not become an idol then

8. He's trying to have a war of nerves with the fan. I feel like he was just upset that the fan said she liked his eyebrows?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. I feel like people might feel different ways about this video but (I don't know what's so problematic about this... but I also got a bit turned off..) I don't think that the fans should've gotten hate

10. But fans too... before being fans, they are customers?ㅠ


0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com