Sunday, February 11, 2018

[PC stories] AM I A KOREABOO?


Image result for koreaboo


Hi! I need your help. 

Lately, I've been seeing a lot of talks on Youtube about being a Koreaboo and it seems like it has become quite easy to label anyone as a Koreaboo. 
So I'm kinda lost into finding what's the true definition of a Koreaboo. 
So I'll show you a list of things/habits I make and I'll let you tell me if I'm a Koreaboo or not. 
I'll accept your criticism and I'm willing to change if I have to, because I don't want to offend another culture. 

So here's why I think I could have symptoms of Koreabooness lol. 
- I mostly listen to Korean songs (more than English ones) 
- I love watching Korean tv shows and Youtube channels about Korea and Kpop more than Netflix 
- I mostly use Korean skincare products (but only because when I tried the western brands such as Sephora, they were always to strong and harsh) 
- I learned Hangul (mostly because I was tired to wait for subs for my TV shows hehe) 
- When I talk about something, it's mostly about Kpop, or kdrama. But wait! 
- I do not try to copy "special facial features" or beauty trends Korean have through makeup. 
- I know Korea is not dreamland and never had the thought of living there (only traveling for shopping maybe haha!) Whenever someone asks me where I want to visit first it's always South Africa ^^ 
- I do not speak Korean (e.g. randomly saying "Annyeong") nor do I use those special words to address people (nor my biases) such as "Oppa" "Unni", etc.
- I do not do aegyo (only to annoy my sister tho lol) - I do not want to date nor marry a Korean guy (not that I'd hate it). I just don't really care whatever the nationality they are. 

That's about it I think. So what do you think? Am I a Koreaboo? Am I too centered on that idea that "Koreans do it better?" Do you think I could come up as rude sometimes? Thanks!


Have a story? Share it here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com