Monday, March 5, 2018

[marriage/ in-laws] MY MOTHER-IN-LAW IS QUIBBLING AT ME SAYING HOW I HAVE A BIG FACE

Image result for mirror anime gif
I'm a newly (?) married wife for 2 years now.
I and my husband both earn our money through hard work in our separate ways and we are living pretty well on our own.
My husband's personality is a bit blunt
and all his family members are pretty blunt too. But luckily, he takes good care of me so I'm thankful about that.

My father-in-law doesn't stay here, my husband's parents divorced a long time ago I think.
My husband's mom is living alone and she's the type to really adorn herself a lot.
She even does yoga.
Since she lives far away, she doesn't come here too often.

She's setting up a clothing store next to our place recently so she comes to our place a lot now.

I didn't know that it would turn out like this but she's nagging me so much and I'm getting so much stress.

For example, my oppa wrote me a handwritten letter and she saw it and was like "why would XX give you something like this? Isn't he blunt? How did I raise him up like this...", etc.

She complains so much all the time ㅠㅠ
Of course, I don't even say anything to her

Ultimately, she always compares me to my sister-in-law.
One day, I was just peeling fruits to give them to her but she suddenly comes up to me and goes like "our so-and-so's face is small like a bean. Girls have to have small faces. She looks like me and has a small face so I'm so happy." She just starts bringing up this topic randomly....

Yes, compared to other girls, my face is pretty big.ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
I don't really wear hats but I'm satisfied with my face.
But this is still a complex of mine.....
Every time she says this I'm just like "you're right~ her face is so small~"

But she brings up this subject so often...

Also, when I was small, I used to do ballet and there's a big picture of me doing ballet in our house because my oppa liked it.

But my mother-in-law saw it and was like "even for ballet, you have to be like my (in-law's name) and have a small face, it suits ballet more"...; She said it so randomly..

Isn't she going overboard?
Every time she does it, I just pretend like it doesn't bother me but I'm bad at managing my expressions so I just feel like she's tearing me apart...

I don't know why she keeps on nagging at me like this...
Next time she does this, what am I supposed to say...?
Is there anything I can say so that she won't be able to reply back?
I know it's not a big deal but as I get older, it's making me more upset..

post response:
[+371][-10]
original post: here

ㅇㅇ |2018.03.05 11:52 신고하기
Try to act unaware and tell her with a smile "you're right mother~ but my husband still says that I'm the prettiest so~ ^^" if you keep doing it a few times, your mother-in-law will be boiling inside
235
1

ㅡㅡ |2018.03.05 09:49 신고하기
Overseas, they say that if you have a small face, it means that you have a small brain and they use that as an insult. They say stuffs like "your brain must be small since your head is so small" which means that you're dumb. Tell this to your mother-in-law in a playful way and be like "pft! Isn't this so funny? pft!" 
145
24

ㅇㅇ |2018.03.05 10:19 신고하기
"Even with a big face, I get love from my dad and my husband right? What's the point of having a small face if you can't get love from your dad nor your husband right? hoho" (T/N: for those who didn't get it, her mother-in-law got a divorce)
69
133

ㅇㅇ |2018.03.05 11:30 신고하기
She probably hates you for stealing her son so she's insulting you with your face size.....
35
0

ㅇㅇ |2018.03.05 11:54 신고하기
"That's right~ your daughter's face is small so she must suit ballet so much~ then why does mother not send her to do ballet?~ That's right, your daughter looks like you and has a small face so I bet that she married off well too right~? Looks like people's tastes differ from one anotherㅋㅋㅋ" don't stress over it, just ask her back like this and she'll stop coming over
32
0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog is protected by DMCA.com